There was this little girl working for me, up until about 45 days ago. She worked here for 9, 10 months. I forget exactly.We had a lot in common in terms of attitudes about things. She did her job, and when she complained about boys I made suggestions that she said were helpful.
I maybe had a bit of a crush on her, but I wouldn't ever act on that kind of thing. I think I may have been a little more lax on certain things, but she was a big help always, and I seldom had to ask for something twice.
She got a job working accounts payable at a hardware store locally. Better pay, benefits (long story, but we can't do benefits yet. We're hoping...), less stupidity. I don't blame her for jumping.
She asked to leave with just one week notice. She found her own replacement in a "friend" from grade school that she promised to train. Said she would come back a couple of weekends and help her friend get up to speed on certain aspects of the job. She said she would come back for the first of February to train her friend further on billing. Obviously we would pay her for any time she spent training or etc.
Haven't seen her. Haven't gotten a text message. The last two times that I've seen her were at the paint store, and at the sushi place, accidental run-ins.
No comments:
Post a Comment